Monday, October 24, 2011

a method of operation

I have had enough with feeling this way. With my lazy, unfocused lifestyle and this inexplicable melancholy. The lack of writing anything real. The lack of creative ambition. The desire to lie in bed all day, every day, which doesn't seem to ever lift.

Here is the new method of operation, to be practiced every day upon waking at a reasonable hour:

1. Read something. Anything, for any period of time.
2. Take the darling puppy for a walk, and during this time, think. About what I've read, or what kinds of things I want to write and how I'll write them.
3. Write something. Anything, for any period of time.

And then, of course, I'll do some actual work for pay and continue doing all of the necessary things, like showering and buying groceries and contributing to society.

No comments:

Post a Comment