Tuesday, November 1, 2011

the first of november

It turns out my plan of reading-dogwalking/thinking-writing is not working. I am too distracted. Also, walking the dog is more about training her to be awesome and less about drumming up poems and reorganizing my gentle melancholies into something productive. Still no writing. But I have thought about writing (does that count? Probably not). And at some point I will endeavour to execute my prior plan.

Meanwhile, this afternoon I am doing research for a new freelance job. I have to go tonight to interview rich strangers, and I am afraid. Because of my policy of courage, I agreed to the task. And also, because I am broke.

Right now the dog has been put out in the yard to play with her friend, Maggie, and it is time for me to get down to business.

1 comment: