Sunday, November 13, 2011

sunday

began with an intense time of community and contemplation, wherein I mentally reviewed my lifeproblems again, and tried throwing them away with a stone into dark water.

and then family and friends gathered in my kitchen to eat together, feeding my desire for closeness with others, helping me crack out of the shell of isolation I've been piecing up around my bed, from which I've been living my life, for the most part.

and then cozying up with many blankets and pillows and a warm puppy to read a book that's been on my list for five years.

and, I hope, a nap to help erase the many hours I spent lying awake last night, looking at the sliver of light the streetlamp makes at the edge of the blinds, wondering why sleep is always so elusive to me, timing myself to see how long I could go without moving, without opening my eyes.

1 comment:

  1. You seemed sad at Transcend today. I hope you do not remain sad, and I hope you're able to write.

    ReplyDelete