Thursday, November 29, 2012

finishing projects and flying away

At one o'clock in the morning, I've just finished a major work project, and am squeaking it in just before deadline. I am always afraid to let these things go, always worried that they will not be good enough. Will it be good enough?

Now I have to pack for a work trip tomorrow morning, and I don't know what to bring. How casual will this conference be? In all of my years of being a professional, I have never felt comfortable with my chosen outfits for work. Always awkward, not-quite-right choices. Trying to make certain shirts seem fancier than they really are, wearing my one pair of dress pants three times a week, that sort of thing. Why do I never seem to have any nice clothes? Where are all of my cardigans?

When I next return home, I hope I will sleep again. I might just settle into my normal life. Go to work without any huge impending projects. Crochet Christmas gifts for my friends and family. Attend Christmas parties, drink mulled wine, and try to feel like a normal human being for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment